Friday, January 21, 2011

Dear Gibson,

Today you went to a friends house to play.  It is a friend from school, and I don't know his family very well.  I was okay with you going, but as soon as you drove away, I wanted to go and get you and bring you home.  I don't think I'm ready for you to have school friends.  Too much unknown; too much could go wrong.  Next time you want to have a playdate, it will be at our house where I can have you as close to me as possible.  I'm trying not to be one of those moms.  But deep down, I kind of am.  I'm sorry.  I am overprotective and want to shelter you from the world for as long as possible.  You will be exposed eventually, but until then...you're my baby.  And, dangit...I am going to keep it that way!

We are off to a Utah Flash basketball game tonight.  You got tickets at school and even though we wouldn't normally go to something like that, your enthusiasm is contagious and so off we go.  I love nights out as a family, and it doesn't matter what we do - we always have fun together. 

So here's to a fun evening!

Love,
Mom

No comments: