Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dear Gibson,

You got in trouble at church today.  You are finally in a class with all of your friends, and you're excited about it.  I get that.  But you just wouldn't calm down during opening exercises!  I even glared at you.  Then, your teacher asked you to switch places with the "quiet boy."  The quiet boy!  You spent the rest of singing time sitting next to your teacher.  But honestly, it was cute to see you being the funny rowdy boy.  I gave you a little lecture on the way home from church - you know the one - be a good example, always listen to your teacher.  You felt bad about it, so we'll see if you remember it at all by next Sunday.

We had a BBQ in the garage today, then took a family nap (my favorite part of the day).  We had a picnic in the basement for dinner, then watched a movie together.  It was a really great day.  When it was time to go to bed, you got on your jammies, brushed your teeth, and crawled into bed to wait for me while I tucked in Georgia.  When I got to your room, you were sitting there with your blue blankie and looking at the picture of me and you and daddy.  Big alligator tears were coming down your cheeks, and you said, "no one loves me as much as you do."  You were very sincere, and I could tell your little heart was very soft.  I took the opportunity to remind you that there is one person that loves you even more than me and daddy, and that is our Heavenly Father.  I love when those little teaching moments come up, and I hope I always take the time to listen to the promptings of the spirit and share little parts of my testimony with you. 

I love you very much.  Thank you for reminding me of your tremendous capacity to feel love.  I am very blessed to have a son that loves me like you do.

Sweet dreams,

Love,
Mommy

No comments: