Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dear Gibson,

Today was what we call a "Daddy Day."  It was Daddy's day off, and so he picked you up from school and you guys spent the day together.  It's always something you get excited about, mostly because it ends up being a total party.

You came to pick me up from work and we went to lunch as a family, which is always a favorite thing to do.  After lunch, you went to Cabela's and spent the afternoon walking around (I'm so glad you do this when I'm not there...BORING!).  When I got home from work, I pulled into the driveway to see the garage door halfway open.  I peered inside, and saw something that completely made my day.  You, Georgia, and Daddy were in the garage sitting around a fire making s'mores!  It was so cute.  I love to see you spending time doing fun things with our dad, since he's at work during most of the waking hours.  Of course, I came into the house and saw evidence of each thing you did during the day, which I'll clean up tomorrow, but it was still a neat thing to see. 

But the fun didn't stop there!  We all piled on your bed while you read us a few books, and you were so proud for Daddy to hear you read.  You could hardly talk you were smiling so big!  We went to Home Depot to buy a light bulb and started playing a game we often play where you have to answer weird questions.  Your question to Daddy was, "If you could have a hundred dollars or never see your wife, son, or daughter again, what would you choose?"  "I'd take the money," Daddy said.  It was a funny game, I wish I could remember more of the questions.  I'll pay closer attention next time. 

As I'm writing this, you are sitting with Daddy and Georgia on the floor in our bedroom playing with the RC racetrack.  You guys bond over toys and electronics - and boy, did you have fun today.  The one thing I want to express to you today is that you have been blessed to have a dad that loves you very much.  He works extremely hard to provide for our family and to make sure we have many opportunites to have adventures and experience the good things in life.  He wants you to be happy, and he wants you to be a good boy that grows up to be a good man.  Enjoy the times you have with him.  He is your friend.

I was interrupted just now because you had a bloody nose.  Like a faucet.  Something you got from your dad!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your "Daddy Day."  I know that your dad did :)

Love,
Mommy

No comments: