Wednesday, January 12, 2011

5 Things, Part 2

Dear Gibson,

Proud Moment #2
You started kindergarten!  After 2 years of preschool, it was finally time for you to head to big-boy school.  We talked about it all summer, and you couldn't wait!  About a week before school started, daddy and I took you out on a "date" and bought all of your school supplies and took you to dinner.  It was just the three of us, and we had so much fun.  You were so excited, especially to learn how to read.  Your first day of school was so fun.  You picked out your outfit the night before, woke up really early, and came down to our room completely dressed with your backpack on and you were ready to go!  It was hard to keep you busy for the entire hour before you had to actually go to school.  You are in a carpool with the Dean's, and even though I really wanted to take you to school on your first day, you wanted them to pick you up.  I have to admit that I was more than a little bit bummed out, but I wanted you to feel like a big boy so off you went, driving down the road.  You waved to me from the window, though, and I'll never forget the look of sheer joy on your face.  I did get to pick you up, and you were smiling so big!  You had finally arrived!  Even now, I'll pick you up from school and you will be smiling from ear to ear.  Sometimes you just had a really good day!  In any event, it is a big moment when your first child begins going to school.  It seems like just a moment ago I was holding you in my arms...now you're reading!  It flies by, and I'm grateful for every single minute that you've been part of me. 

I'm so proud of you and the smart little boy that you are!

Love,
Mom

No comments: