Tuesday, January 11, 2011

5 Things, Part 1

Dear Gibson,

Today is the start of the 5-day countdown to your birthday!!  I'm so excited that you are going to be turning 6!  I can't even believe it.  Six years ago today, I was probably at work, miserable, and waiting for you to make your move.  I really wish I had kept a better journal back then!  But, alas, we will just have to live on memories.

To make the countdown more fun and meaningful, I'm going to use the next 5 days to write about 5 things that you have done this year that have made me proud.  Not in any particular order, and most definitely not an all-inclusive list, but these 5 things really stand out.  So here goes!

Proud Moment #1
You said your part in the Primary Program.  For three years now you've been in primary.  Each fall, you are given a part to say into the microphone.  Each year you have gotten nervous and not done your part.  You have never even walked with your class to the pulpit.  You just stay in your seat.  I was always a little disappointed, because you would work so hard on your little part!  But this year, YOU DID IT!  Maybe it was because I was leading the music and standing 5 rows in front of you.  Maybe it's because we got you a new suit to wear for the "Big" day.  Maybe it was because you are just a little bit older and wiser.  I don't know, but when you got up there and confidently said, "Jesus wants us to serve others," I thought my heart was just going to melt into mush.  That was the only moment during the program that I got teary.  I realized then that that was just the first of many opportunities you will have to bear testimony from pulpits just like that one.  You have a very tender testimony, Gibson, and such a quiet confidence that Heavenly Father loves you.  And that makes me so happy - I want you to always be able to have the confidence to stand for truth and righteousness.  Whether it's into a microphone, on a bus in a foreign country, or just in conversation with your friends, always be willing to share the gospel.  You will never regret it.  I promise.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: