Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dear Gibson,

You don't really get along with Georgia most of the time.  You especially don't like it when she goes into your room.  This is not foreign to me, I used to hate it when my sister touched my stuff, too.  In fact, I remember several times when we were sharing a room that a line of masking tape was stuck to the ground and we weren't allowed to cross it.  It never worked, but it made us feel better at the time.  Today, you closed your door and when I came to see what was up I saw this sign taped to your door:

No Jerja in Gibson Rom
Well played, little man.  I get it.  But here's the deal - if she does happen to come into your room, try not to hit her.  It hurts, and will only get you in trouble.  Like it did right after I saw the sign and Georgia walked in.  You got angry ("can't she read the sign?!") and smacked her, which landed you a hair-pull.  Don't hit, buddy.  And while we will all try to respect your privacy and your space, you need to exercise a little bit of restraint.  OK?

Patiently,
Your mother

P.S.  Now it is later in the evening and I just went to check on you before bed.  The sign now says:
No Jerja in Gibson Rom
No momy itr
No mommy either?  Point taken.

No comments: