Saturday, January 15, 2011

5 Things, Part 5

Dear Gibson,

Here is the conclusion of the 5 Things that have made me proud this year. 

Proud Moment #5
You discovered your "style."  There's nothing like when your kids are little, and you can buy whatever you want for them to wear, decorate their room however you want.  But then there's the day when you realize that you little one has opinions of their own!  It's shocking, and very hard to swallow.  With Georgia, she's had her own opinions from the time she was 6 months old.  But you always let me have my way.  Until this year!  You wanted certain clothes for school, you want certain kinds of food prepared certain ways, you want your stuff arranged the way you like it.  It's been really fun to see what kinds of things are important to you.  But don't be misled - you won't get your way in everything!  You like to collect junk (garbage, I like to call it).  I don't let you.  You like to go to school with no gel in your hair.  I always put gel in it.  There are many more things like that.  But I promise this...the future will bring a lot more opportunities for us to disagree.  Always share your opinions with me - it is important for you to have a voice.  But do understand that I'm still the mom, and I have a right to override any aforementioned opinion that you might have.  But have fun being yourself.  Be creative.  Be spontaneous.  Be organized.  Be proactive.  All of those things will help make your life more fun!  This year will be a big one for you...losing teeth, starting full-day school, and lots of other things.  You will become a little bit more Gibson, and I'm excited to watch you continue to grow and change. 

Happy Birthday!

Love,
Mom

No comments: