Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dear Gibson,

It has been much too long since I've updated this journal, but things are calming down after a very overwhelming year.  So it is my goal to re-up with this project!

To preface this little story, I want to point out that you have made a personal goal this year to read the Book of Mormon all by yourself.  You have become a very accomplished reader in 1st grade, and it's really fun to see how your skills are being strengthened as you read the scriptures out loud.  Now I see how missionaries can learn a language by reading the BoM in the language they are trying to learn.  We didn't begin this undertaking at the beginning of the year, we just started a couple of weeks ago.  Again, I'm finally ready to work on some projects!  Tonight, we read 1 Nephi chapter 14.  It was your turn to read (we switch off reading verses), and your verse had the word "abominable" in it a couple of times.  You were tired and trying to hurry, and you said, "the abominable snowman" instead of the "abominable church."  It was hilarious.  The funny thing was that it took you a couple of lines to realize what you said, and then you said, "I said snowman, didn't I."  We cracked up.

I'm so proud of your decision to read the Book of Mormon before you get baptized next year.  We aren't very far into it and already I see your testimony growing, and I see you trying to make sense of what we read together. Thank you for always trying to be good, and I can't wait to share with you again all of the wonderful things you do that make me smile.

Love,
Mom

No comments: