Friday, June 3, 2011

Dear Gibson,

Today was your last day of Kindergarten.  You are now officially a 1st grader!  Woohoo!!!  I want to take some time to write down some of your accomplishments from this school year, because there are many.  

First of all, you are now a reader.  A pretty good reader, if I do say so myself.  You have brought home your take-home book and read it every night without fail, and with no lost or damaged books!  You have brought home library books each week, all about dinosaurs.  You comprehend well, you read with inflection in your voice, and you are pretty good at reading to your sister.  I love to read, and am so happy that this is finally something that we enjoy to do together.

You are a math whiz.  Kindergarten math is mostly estimates, patterns, comparisons, and simple arithmetic.  But you are good at all of it.  You say your favorite subject is math, which is amazing to me because I NEVER liked math.  I still don't!  I really hope you're good at math, it will be so valuable to you!

You have learned to make friends.  You are a nice guy.  Kids like to be around you, and that is awesome.

Your handwriting is getting much better!

You always smiled and waved to me when I was working at the school (I love that).

You always showed me everything in your backpack.  SO important!!!

You learned to sleep in on Saturdays and value the precious weekend.  Thank you.

You learned to wake up with an alarm clock so I could sleep longer.  Thank you, again.

You have grown up a lot this year, and I know how excited you are for first grade.  It's going to be an exciting summer, and pretty soon you're going to be in school all day!  I am so proud of you and everything that you are becoming.  You make me very proud. 

Love,
Mom
You on your first day of Kindergarten.  Such a big boy!

You and your teacher, Mrs. Walker at Shelley Elementary.

Holding your Kindergarten diploma!  You did it!

No comments: